French for tourism and hotel industries and catering business:
The objective of the course is to provide a basic knowledge of general French useful for tourism and hotel industries and catering business.
Level Requirements: A2
This course is aimed at students who are currently at the A2 level or who have attended over 80 hours of French. It is for professionals, working in the tourism, hotel or catering industries, or students, trainees who aspire to pursue a career in the hostelling industry.
The professions where employees are required to deal with a francophone clientele are as follows:
- Tourist Information Bureau;
- Tourism Associations;
- Travel Agencies: Tour Operators, distributors;
- Holiday Clubs, Holiday Villages, Amusement, Leisure Parks;
- Airline companies;
- Hotel, Hotel Chain;
- Residential hotels, youth hostels;
Content: 240 hours (3 terms).
- How to welcome clients at the airport, hotel, and restaurant;
- How to provide information on transportation and itinerary for a tour;
- How to describe a hotel, city or monument;
- How to take a message on the phone;
- How to help a client to choose, organize, buy or reserve something;
- How to help the client to change, cancel a reservation or service;
- How to write a letter, an email or a fax, in response to a relevant tourist situation or query;
- How to write a customer information document – general information sheet on the country, promotion for tourist services;
- How to design, write and present a package/tour;
Culture and business courses:
- Mastery of the French vocabulary used in the tourism industry;
- Tourism oriented translation;
- French culture, arts, political and economic life;
Frequency: 2 hours 4 times a week for 10 weeks (1 term) (15 students max.).
Alliance francaise de Delhi is an examination centre for the CCIP (Paris Chamber of Commerce and Industry) and organizes exam sessions for the “Certificat de Français du Tourisme et de l’Hôtellerie” (CFTH) (Certificate of French for Tourism and Hotel Industries).
The certificate evaluates language abilities using professional know-how. It certifies the functional ability in French (level B1+ of CFERL). CFTH attests that the candidate is able to cope effectively in spoken and written French in a professional work situation dealing with a French-speaking client. It also gives you a fabulous “entry” into companies and enterprises in this sector.