Rules applying to the Merit cum Means Scholarship Scheme
The Merit cum Means Scholarship (MCM) is intended to cover Indian nationals other than those already covered under existing schemes who have studied for at least one term at the AFD and have demonstrated their academic capabilities but are unable to meet the costs of tuition.
- General Eligibility: Students who are Indian nationals and have completed one term of any course of study and whose income (or of their parents/guardians in case of dependents) is less than the threshold of net income exempt from income tax by the Government of India.
- Academic eligibility: Students should have obtained a minimum of 70% in an AFD in the last term examination and attendance of 70% prior to applying for MCM Scholarships.
- Applications must reach latest before 5PM, on 25th August 2017 along with the prescribed scholarship form (available on the AFD website – delhi.afindia.org) with academic merit and financial need justificatory documents to the Senior Academic Coordinator, Alliance Française de Delhi on the email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Results:Results will be declared on 29th August 2017.
- Classes: The said scholarship will be applicable to weekday classes only.
- Number of Scholarships: The number of scholarships awarded under the MCM Scheme shall in no case exceed five per term.
- Fee Waivers: Fee waivers can be in the range of 75% to 100 % on the tuition fee and admission fee depending on the merits of the case.
- Books: The cost of books will be borne by the student.
- Library: Basic membership will be included.
Pierre Yves Meunier