A1 – Beginner | Saison 1 | 162 hrs
- Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type.
- Can introduce him/herself and others and ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people he/she knows, and things he/she has.
- Can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
A2 – Elementary | Saison 2 | 162 hrs
- Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to most immediate relevance (e.g., fundamental personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
- Can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- Can describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment, and matters in immediate need areas.
B1 – Intermediate | Saison 3 | 270 hrs
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise whilst traveling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Can produce simple connected text on familiar topics or of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes, and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
B2 – Upper-intermediate | Saison 4 | 270 hrs
- Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialization.
- Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
C1 – Advanced | Alter Ego 5 | 216 hrs
- Can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts and recognize implicit meaning.
- Can express him/herself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
- Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic, and professional purposes.
Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organizational patterns, connectors, and cohesive devices.
C2 – Master or Proficient
- Can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read.
- Can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation.
- Can express him/herself spontaneously, very fluently, and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in more complex situations.