Keeping in mind the current lack of mobility and facilitating social distancing, Alliance Française de Delhi has launched Online Classes for its French Courses. These will transition back to Classroom Teaching once we get official directives regarding the reopening of educational institutions.
Our Online French Classes are conducted using the following tools :
- The Website/App Zoom (for Demo Classes and current students of AF Delhi)
- the Website My Alliance (only for current students of AF Delhi)
- Study Material (only for current students of AF Delhi)
Zoom Website / Application
Zoom is a video-conferencing website with multiple functionalities that allows you to create a virtual classroom. Please follow the following steps for accessing the same :
- Visit zoom.us
- In case you do not have a Zoom account, you can create one by clicking on Sign Up, It’s Free (top right corner). Please use the same email address which you used to register for the demo class/course.
- Check your Inbox / Spam folder for an email with the Subject Please activate your Zoom account.
- Click on this email and then on Activate Account.
- You can now Sign In and use your Zoom Account.
- Each Virtual Class / Demo Class is conducted as a Zoom Meeting – the link to these Zoom Meetings is sent to the Inbox / Spam Folder of the email address submitted by you at the time of registration. When you click on this link (OR copy and paste the link on a new window in Firefox/Chrome/Safari), the website might recommend that you download certain software missing from your device (including the Zoom Software and Flash Player). Do download the same before the class starts to ensure a smooth session.
NOTE: We recommend using Zoom on a Laptop/Desktop Computer with a Camera, Headphones, and Reasonably Fast Internet Connection. For slower connections, you might only be able to use the Audio Facility (and not Video Calling). The website works best on Firefox, Chrome, and Safari – we recommend that you regularly clear your browsing history on these to ensure that Zoom works properly. In case you have downloaded the Zoom Software, we recommend that you regularly delete the Temporary Files on your computer (these can be found by typing %Temp% on the Search Bar of your computer).
Mon Alliance / My Alliance
My Alliance is an online learning platform. First-time users are sent an email containing the link to the My Alliance website, their username, and password on the FIRST DAY OF THEIR CLASS. Please check the Inbox or Spam folder of the email address submitted by you at the time of registration for the same. These details remain the same as long as the student continues to learn French at Alliance Française de Delhi.
In case you cannot find the email notification or you wish to update the email address connected to My Alliance, please send an email with your Name, Contact Number, Class Details (Level, Centre, Time Slot, Teacher Name, Type – Weekday/Weekend/Fast Track/Kids) to [email protected]
My Alliance works best on Chrome/Firefox/Safari on a Laptop/Desktop Computer. We recommend that you regularly clear your browsing history on these to ensure optimum utilization of the platform.
User Guide ( My Alliance and Zoom )
Please watch this video AFTER you have read all the details highlighted above in the Sections on My Alliance and Zoom :
You can buy the digital/hard copies of the textbook from the GOYAL PUBLISHERS STORE at Alliance Française de Delhi. The hard copy of the study material is accompanied by the relevant DVD-ROM containing the relevant Audio Files.
In case you wish to download a soft copy of these Audio Files, please follow the procedure highlighted below on a laptop/desktop computer:
- Visit Cosmopolite, tous les livres de la collection | Hachette FLE
- There are several pages where you have to find the Cosmopolite book for your particular level. The books for the different levels are
Cosmopolite 1 niv.A1,
Cosmopolite 2 niv.A2,
Cosmopolite 3 niv.B1,
Cosmopolite 4 niv.B2,
Cosmopolite 5 niv.C1-C2.
- Click on the option « Cosmopolite – Pack Livre + Version numérique » corresponding to your level
- Then, click on « Feuilleter le livre ». When the document is opened, then click on the appropriate button to download the book.