8 HOURS SPECIALIZED SHORT-COURSE IN ART APPRECIATION
|6th Aug 2022||2 pm to 3:30 pm||Introduction to Art Appreciation||
|20th Aug 2022||2 pm to 4 pm||Module 1: Pre-Modern Era||
|27th Aug 2022||2 pm to 4 pm||Module 2: Modern Era|
|3rd Sep 2022||2 pm to 4 pm||Module 3: Contemporary Applications of Art|
|10th Sep 2022||2 pm to 4 pm||Module 4: Appropriating Modern & Contemporary Art Today|
The course will help you:
- Discover European art history
- Increase visual literacy with discussion on celebrated masterpieces
- Distinguish between the main styles and movements (Renaissance, Baroque, Impressionism, Surrealism, Pop Art etc)
- Analyse subject matter, composition, colour, and iconography among other elements in a painting
- Develop vocabulary to talk about art & artists in French
- Grow confident in discussing art & shape your independent opinion about art
What this course is about:
With key masterpieces and their makers as examples, you will learn to analyse art and identify eras and their signature styles, the message included or sometimes concealed, and what sets some of them apart from the rest. You will gain the confidence and competence to talk about art and spark up any room you find yourself in!
Introduction to Art Appreciation
Decoding Lascaux-Bhimbetka to Banksy, Broadway & Netflix
Human beings inherently question, reason, like or dislike — to varying degrees — every object and experience in life. Our interaction with art in paintings, architecture, gastronomy, cartoons, cinema or video games reveals a story that defines us as an individual and as socio-cultural beings. View art with a fresh perspective while parallelly developing an understanding for its latent nuances. Come, transform it into something breathtakingly powerful.
Module I: Pre-Modern Era
- From Prehistoric Art to Romanticism
- Philanthropy, propaganda, passion & advertising.
Module II: Modern Era
- From Impressionism to Pop Art
- Diving into Manet, Monet, Van Gogh, Munch, Dali, Toulouse-Lautrec, Duchamp, Picasso, Magritte, Pollock & Warhol.
Module III: Contemporary Applications of Art
- Conceptual art, Installations, Street art, Architecture and everything in-between.
Module IV: Appropriating Modern & Contemporary Art today
- With a visit to the Kiran Nadar Museum of Art.