Dear library users,
Firstly we thank you all for the cooperation you have shown, even with limited access to library resources. For the moment, in these challenging times, it will not be possible to have the same working conditions as they were earlier; nevertheless, we are pleased to inform you that the AFD library will be reopening its lending service from 19 October 2020, and operating on Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 8:30 am to 4 pm.
To provide the smoothest services we need constant support from your side, please find below the procedure to resume our collaboration.
Returning: You can easily return library documents at the AFD front gate, to our security guards. Boxes have been placed there to keep returns simple and easy. These boxes are left untouched for the following 3 days (as a precautionary measure against COVID 19) and then disinfected, following which, they are brought to the library and returned from your library accounts.
Borrowing: You need to first reserve the document (Books, BDs, DVDs, etc.) from our online library catalog. Before asking for any reserved document/reserving any document, ensure that your account is clear with us, i.e., no document is due to be returned to your account. In case your account still has a document not returned, you need to first return it before borrowing a new one. After 30 November 2020, you may have to pay a fine for the same. Kindly bring your library cards along on the day you come to collect the reserved documents.
Here we would like to emphasize that all necessary hygiene precautions are being followed by the AFD team to ensure that you do not have to worry before issuing any new document from the library.
How to do a Reservation from OPAC (online catalog):
- Go to the link: https://mediatheques-afinde.org
- Opac page opens
- Select ‘Delhi‘ from ‘Médiathèques du réseau’
- Enter your ‘Library card number’ followed by password in ‘Se Connecter’ (Note: the default password is the 4 digits of your year of birth, which can be changed after logging in).
- After successfully logging in, click on ‘ Mesprêts / Mesréservations‘ which would display a list of all your borrowings and reservations.
- Click on ‘Réserver un document‘ at the end of the page. The document reservation menu will open; you may now search for the document you want by typing the Document name/Author name/Topic. You can also select the ‘Type of document’ from the drop-down list.
- After finding the desired document click on ‘Reserver‘ on the bottom right corner of the document menu.
- Click on ‘OK’ when the reservation confirmation dialogue box appears.
- To check the status of the reservation of the document click on ‘Mes reservation’ from the left-hand side of the page, below your name; scroll down ‘Accès Rapide’ and select. Here you can see your reservation.
- Click on ‘Se déconnecter’ to disconnect.
- Now, wait until librarians validate it and give you a call for confirmation.
In case your reservation is unsuccessful through the above steps you can reserve your documents by calling us at library numbers 011-43500-221 / 011-43500-237
or write an email to email@example.com.
Kindly keep in mind that:
- Documents need to be reserved at least 3 days to 1 week in advance so they can be organized by the library.
- After preparing the documents according to your request you will receive a call from the library regarding the availability / non-availability of documents.
- After the confirmation of your reservation, you will be provided a time slot to collect the documents from the AFD front gate.